With my days getting numbered until we become a family of 3 and my time to bake becomes limited, I took advantage of some free time this past weekend to try out these delicious brownies. I was intrigued by the 3 layers, especially the top layer with rice krispies. The combination of all of the ingredients is perfect and these are delicious. We may or may not have eaten almost all of them less than a week later.
The official name of these is Peanut Butter Cup Crack Brownies, I'm assuming because they're addictive, but I prefer to call them Peanut Butter Cup Crackle Brownies because of the crispy top layer
Brownie on the bottom with chopped honey roasted peanuts and mini peanut butter cups on top
After letting the peanut butter cups melt on top for about 5 minutes in the oven, they are spread out on top of the brownies and mixed in with the peanuts
The best part of the brownies is the top layer....chocolate, peanut butter, and rice krispies
Spread on top and put in the fridge to chill & harden
Peanut Butter Crackle Brownies
1 box brownie mix, prepared according to package directions in a 9x9 pan
1/2 cup chopped salted or honey roasted peanuts
12 peanut butter cups, chopped
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp butter
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 3/4 cups crispy rice cereal
1 tsp vanilla
1. Bake brownies according to package directions in a 9x9 pan.
2. During last 5 minutes of baking, remove from oven and sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups and chopped peanuts on top. Return to oven for remaining 5 minutes to melt the chocolate.
3. As soon as you pull them out of the oven, spread the melted peanut butter cups/peanuts with a spatula to smooth over top. Let brownies cool.
4. Next in a microwave safe bowl combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Heat in microwave for 1 minute, stirring when done. If needed, continue heating in 20 second increments until chocolate chips are melted.
5. Stir in vanilla and cereal until evenly combined.
6. Pour over brownies and smooth. Chill until chocolate is set, about 2 hours.
7. Cut into squares to serve
from Cookies and Cups