Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Another Weekend...

This was our first weekend in awhile where we didn't have a holiday to get ready for or family coming into town so it was nice to spend time as a family of three.  Todd was in LA for 3 days last week and while I was nervous to do the whole single parent thing, Lucy was great and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  I had visions of her either not going to bed easily or waking up in the middle of the night and I'm happy to report she didn't do either of those things.  We are extremely lucky in the sleep department with her and have only had her wake up a few times in the past 2 months at night and that was when we were transitioning her from the Rock n' Play to her crib. 
 
Todd didn't get home until after 11:00 PM on Friday night so he was excited to wake up on Saturday morning to get Lucy up.  We hung out at home for a little bit before heading to the mall.  Now that I'm back to work, I needed to get some new dress pants because apparently having a baby is the best way to lose weight....kinda seems like the opposite would've happened but I'm not complaining.  Well, I guess I am a little bit because now all my pants are way too big and I don't want to go spend money on boring work clothes.  Lucy loves going to the mall and looking at her surroundings, she has a lot more to look at there than at our house.  We even ran into one of my former coworkers and she was excited to meet Miss Lucy.
 
Todd had tickets to go to Beerfest on Saturday night so I drove him and a couple of his friends down there and then met up with his friends' wives for a girls' night at Luce.  I had Lucy with me and she was on her best behavior while I enjoyed some adult interaction and girl talk.
 
We like to match in our gray cardigans

On Sunday morning, Todd & Lucy spent some much needed daddy-daughter time together as I subbed a TRX class at PAI Yoga & Fitness.  They even took a nap together on the couch.

I love how they both have their arms hanging to the side

Todd reading her a book

Since Todd had been gone for a few days, we were in need of some quality time together so my parents watched Lucy while we went to the movies and saw Saving Mr. Banks.  Mary Poppins is one of my all-time favorite movies and I really liked the back story behind it even though it was sadder than what I anticipated.  We went to Marcus Theaters at Crosswoods and the new recliner seats were amazing...although it does feel weird reclining and getting that comfy in a public theater.

Day date to the movies

After a quick trip to the grocery store, we finished our weekend hanging out at home and getting ready for the week ahead.  Todd & Lucy also enjoyed some more time together watching a movie while I went to bed early because I had to be up before 3:00 AM on Monday morning to be at work by 3:45 AM. 

I see lots of movie watching together in their future


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Jealous about your uninterrupted sleep! Noelle started waking again but is mostly just restless. I think we need to transition her from the RNP. How did you do it??

ps. you two are SO cute in your matching sweaters! :)