Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine's Day Celebration

Since I'm only working part-time now, I have most Fridays off from work so I was able to spend the day with my little Valentine.  She was dressed for the occasion and we even read a Valentine's book.  Our day consisted of our normal routine: playing on the activity mat, napping (for her), running errands, and playing in the jumperoo. I was surprised though when Todd came home from work earlier than expected so he could spend some time with Lucy before our date night.

My pretty valentine

She spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out how to eat the book

Todd & I didn't exchange presents but I did get him these York peppermint patties and he had stopped on his way home from work to pick up a couple cookies from Sweet Tooth Cottage for me

My parents graciously offered to come over that evening to watch Lucy so Todd & I could have a date night.  It was only our second true date night with the first one being for Todd's birthday back in November.  We knew every restaurant would be packed since Valentine's Day fell on a Friday this year so we made reservations a few weeks back at one of my favorite restaurants, Marcella's.  We were able to snag reservations at 6:15 PM at the one on Polaris, and even though we like the one in the Short North better, they were already booked up and we were just happy to get reservations at the time we wanted.

Grandma reading Lucy her Valentine's card

and then she tried to eat it...notice a theme here?

Posing with Grandma & Grandpa and her Valentine's present

Loving her new toys!

Family photo before we left for dinner

Dinner at Marcella's was fantastic as usual!  We were really impressed with their service too and thought it might take awhile with it being Valentine's Day but we were out of there within an hour....which meant we had time to go to Old Bag of Nails for some drinks since we had told my parents we'd be back at 8:30.

Todd got a Manhattan and I got sangria at dinner

Love Marcella's cheese appetizer

For dinner, I got the Fettuccine & Meatball
 
and Todd got Eggplant Parmesan

Valentine's Day 2014

And at Old Bag of Nails, Todd got a beer sampler
 
and I had a glass of wine
 
We got home right around 8:30 and were happy to find Lucy fast asleep.  It was the first time someone other than Todd or I had put her to bed at night and my mom said she had no problems putting her down.  We were then able to relax on the couch for a little bit longer, watching the Olympics and eating dessert, before we started to get tired ourselves and headed to bed.

1 comment:

BeckyJo606 said...

Sounds like such a good night out!! I love your top--and of course Lucy's cute outfit. :) I am so glad it worked out okay for your mom to put her to sleep! That always makes me anxious too.