Monday, May 5, 2014

Weekly Recap: April 28-May 4

This was an interesting week to say the least!  Last Sunday, my back started hurting really bad and after a trip to the urgent care, some muscle relaxers, a visit to get a massage and adjustment at the chiropractor, and lots of stretching, I was starting to finally feel better by the end of the week.  I definitely didn't feel back to 100% but was still going to attempt to the run the Cap City Half on Saturday morning.  My original goal for the race was to PR (anything faster than 1:38:34) but by the time Saturday rolled around, my goal was to finish the race in a reasonable time.  I'm not sure how it happened but I actually ended up PR'ing and felt really great throughout the race!  My next race is a 5K next month before I head into marathon training.

Monday: Rest

Tuesday: Rest

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: taught 1 hr Spin/TRX

Friday: 1 mi (8:00 pace)

Saturday: Cap City Half Marathon (1:38:05; 7:28 pace)

Sunday: Rest

TOTAL: 14 mi

No comments: