Thursday, May 1, 2014

2014 Cleveland 10 Miler

Back in January, Emily had mentioned to me that I should come up to Cleveland to run the Cleveland 10 Miler.  It seemed like it would fit into my training schedule perfectly with my goal race being the Cap City Half Marathon the next weekend and we could run the 10 mile race together for fun.  Tracy also decided to drive up and run with us.  It seemed just like a few years ago when we trained together to qualify for Boston and then trained for Boston and ran it together. 
 
Todd, Lucy, and I drove up at 5:30 AM on Saturday morning to meet everyone at Mark & Emily's house.  We drove over to the race together and for once, I wasn't actually nervous to run a race! The race course was really pretty; it started and finished at Edgewater Park and ran along streets near Lake Erie and up through Lakewood before turning around.  We were able to see Mark, Todd, and Lucy near the start, at mile 7, and again at the finish.  The course was very flat and this was probably the most evenly paced race I've ever run.  Emily, Tracy, and I talked the entire time and ran an easy pace.  The weather was perfect with the sun shining despite some colder winds near the finish by the lake.  Overall, it was a great race and well worth the 2 hour drive up to Cleveland.

The Stats

Mile 1: 9:14

Mile 2: 9:18

Mile 3:  9:18

Mile 4:  9:22

Mile 5:  9:21

Mile 6: 9:19

Mile 7: 9:03

Mile 8: 9:15

Mile 9: 9:25

Mile 10: 9:04

Overall Time: 1:32:13
Average Pace: 9:16 min/mi

Overall: 776/1740
Females 30-34: 72/215

Near the start of the race...I'm on the right in the white tank top, white hat, and white compression socks

Stopping to say hi to Lucy real quick

The three of us near mile 7

Almost finished

Waving to Lucy again

Still chatting even as the finish line approaches

Done!

I think Lucy enjoyed watching her first of many races

No comments: