Monday, June 9, 2014

Weekly Recap: June 2-8

Since this is pretty much what the next few weeks will look like for my workouts, I'll just give a quick update on how I'm doing after my back surgery.  The first few days were rough but at about day 5 or 6 post-surgery, I started to feel more like myself and was walking around much better and didn't need help getting up and down out of a chair, the couch, bed, etc.  Part of my foot and my big toe are still numb but I feel like the muscle weakness in my leg is slowly getting better (or maybe I'm just getting more used to it?).  While I haven't been exercising (or at least what I consider exercising for me), I did walk every day last week with Todd & Lucy, anywhere from 1.5-2.5 miles.  Walking is the best thing I can do right now to help in the recovery process. I have my follow up appointment with the surgeon on Thursday and I'm really hoping I get cleared to 1) start picking up Lucy, 2) to start driving again, and 3) to go back to work next week.

Monday: Rest

Tuesday: Rest

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Rest

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: Rest

TOTAL: 0 mi

No comments: