Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Summer Tradition

Another great summer weekend is over (why do the summer months fly by and the winter months slowly drag by?) and we tried to pack in as much as possible with a 9.5 month old in tow.  I went to my second class at System of Strength (love it!) on Saturday morning and after a quick shower, Todd, Lucy, and I walked around our neighborhood garage sale.  Since Todd is our HOA president, he knew almost everyone we ran into and I didn't so finally after 2+ years of living in our house, I finally met some neighbors other than a few on our street.  We also scored a couple toys for Lucy so she was happy.
 
Once Lucy woke up from her nap and had some lunch, we went to the Ohio Wine Festival at the North Market.  It's been our summer tradition to go to the Wine Festival and then the following weekend, which is this coming weekend, go to the Jazz & Rib Fest.  The only year we've missed the wine festival was last year because I was pregnant.  Anyways, we were "those" people who brought their kid in a stroller to a wine festival but hey, I'm sorry, I'm pretty sure parents need the wine more than non-parents.  Tickets seemed pricier this year at $25/person so instead of each getting a wine glass, we just bought one and split all the samples.  This was the best situation for me since I'm a lightweight and probably didn't need any extra wine beyond what I had. 
 
Lucy was upset she couldn't have any of my wine

Family photo in the middle of the wine festival

So glad this guy is my husband (and that he has long arms for selfies)
  
Sunday brought our normal routine of going to the grocery store, baking dessert, and getting stuff done around the house.  Lucy was incredibly nice to us and took almost a 3 hour nap (which worked out well since she was going to miss her afternoon nap because we'd be out) so Todd rearranged the storage in our basement so he can get started on creating his man cave known as The Stag Room.  In the late afternoon, we headed out to pick up my parents from the airport.  They'd been in Alaska for the past two weeks on vacation.  Lucy was excited to see them when they climbed into the car and they couldn't believe how much bigger she looked in such a short period of time.   We were able to hear about their trip at dinner where we ate at Flip Side at Easton. 
 
After we got home and Lucy got a bath and was off to bed, Todd & I dug into the dessert I had made earlier in the day which was AMAZING!  I made Gooey Ritz Peanut Butter Cup S'mores Bars and I highly recommend them!

1 comment:

BeckyJo606 said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend!! I can't wait to see what the man cave looks like! :)