Monday, July 14, 2014

Weekly Recap: July 7-13

I bought a groupon recently to try out a new gym in Dublin, System of Strength.  They opened the first one in Grandview within the past year and I was eager to try it out now that there was one closer to home.  They offer several different classes that focus on cardio and strength.  The Clocked class that I took twice last week was an hour long HIIT class (high intensity interval training) and left me drenched in sweat which I absolutely love.  I had to modify a few exercises since I haven't been cleared to run or do high impact exercises (like the box jumps where I just did step ups) but it was an awesome workout.  I wish I could go 2-3 times/week (the groupon I bought was for 10 classes) but with my work schedule, Todd's work schedule, and someone needing to be home to watch Lucy, I'll be happy if I can make it once/week.
 
Clocked class at System of Strength in Dublin on Saturday morning (that's me on left, 3rd one from the bottom in the white tank and aqua shorts)
 

Monday: 1 hr Clocked class @ System of Strength

Tuesday: taught 1 hr Spin/TRX

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: taught 1 hr Spin/TRX

Friday: walked 3 mi in 38:55

Saturday: 1 hr Clocked class @ System of Strength

Sunday: walked 3 mi in 38:26

TOTAL: 0 mi

1 comment:

BeckyJo606 said...

I haven't heard of this kind of workout---but it sounds so interesting. They finally put in a cross fit near us and I am thinking about trying it out!