Thursday, July 10, 2014

Hot Dogs, Baseball, and Chocolate

On Sunday, Todd's parents and his sister's family came to Columbus to visit.  His sister, brother-in-law, niece, and nephew spent the afternoon at the Columbus Zoo while we spent the day with his parents.  Our first stop was downtown to eat lunch at Dirty Frank's.  We were lucky we only had to wait a few minutes to get seated since the restaurant itself is pretty small.  Our food came pretty quickly and we all enjoyed our feast of hot dogs and fried food.

I had the Razzle Dazzle hot dog with grilled peppers, onions, and cream cheese along with some onion rings

We also split some tator tots and soft pretzels

Afterwards, we took a walk around Columbus Commons to show my in-laws more of the city.  I love this area of town and wish we lived a little bit closer so it would be more convenient to go.

Caught Lucy "talking" away while we were strolling (I can't believe how light her hair looks in this picture too)

A view of part of the park with the amphitheater in the background

We spent the rest of the afternoon at home and then once the rest of the family came back from the zoo, we had a cookout for dinner.  Most of Todd's family left around 8:00 PM and his mom and nephew stayed.  Since Todd was taking the next few days off work, we had planned for them to stay a couple days with us so Todd & Lucy could spend more time with them.

Lucy loving her free balloon from Kroger


Lucy in her pjs with Mama and Papa

While I was at work on Monday, Todd, Lucy, his mom, and nephew went to Zoombezi Bay.  I swung by there on my way home from work to pick Lucy up so she could get a nap before our big night out. 

That evening, Lucy went to her first baseball game (and first dime-a-dog night!) when we went downtown to see our minor league baseball team, the Columbus Clippers, play.  Unfortunately, it started pouring down rain when we left our house and the game was delayed over an hour.  We were able to enjoy our 10 cent hot dogs along with some fries, and nachos before the game started and then watched a few innings of the game before leaving around 8:45 to come home to get Lucy to bed.

Hilarious cut out photo of Lucy & Andrew

We even bought Lucy her own ticket so she could have her own seat (She's picking cheerios of the seat here)

Checking out the people behind her

Family photo

We eventually had to hold Lucy once she started to get tired and a little fussy but she was a trooper staying up until 9:30 that night....2 hours past her normal bedtime!

On Tuesday, Todd took the family to do a tour of the Anthony Thomas Candy Company.  It just so happens that I work next door to it so I met up with them there once I was off work.  I've actually never been on the tour before but they all seemed to enjoy it.  The best part was the buckeye sample they got at the end. 

Posing with the huge chocolate & peanut butter buckeye...the price tag was $3500!
We came back home for a late lunch and visited for a little bit longer before Todd's mom and Andrew left.  It was nice to have them here for a few days and I know that Lucy loved playing with Andrew.  He must have really tired her out too because she has taken some extra long naps the past couple days!

No comments: