Wednesday, July 23, 2014

On the Go!

This is a few days late but better late than never!  We had one of those go go go weekends where it seemed like we were always doing something.  On top of that, Lucy is also on the go as she's figured out this crawling thing and is finally crawling more than dragging herself which means we need to keep our eyes on her a little more closely. 
Since I have Fridays off, we went to visit my dad downtown at work.  I know he was excited to show Lucy off since I hadn't brought her in for quite awhile.  Lucy loved the attention and was waving and smiling at everyone. 

Eating snacks on Grandpa's desk

She had just learned to pull herself and stand in her crib that morning so instead of taking a morning nap, she decided to keep standing up and then crying.  Needless to say, she was definitely ready for her afternoon nap once we got back from visiting my dad and she had lunch.  After her nap, she was ready to play and one of her favorite things is to stack her toys.

I'd say she's pretty good at stacking!

Lucy skipped her morning nap again on Saturday because we were at a baptism for our friends' baby.  The baptism was at the same church Lucy was baptized at and afterwards we went back to our friends' house for a post-baptism celebration lunch.  There were quite a few other little ones there (and other kids' toys) so Lucy was enjoying herself and Todd and I were able to hang out with our friends.  Lucy was so tired though from no nap and playing for a few hours that she fell asleep within a minute of us driving home.  Since we have her in the bigger car seat now, we had to take her out and put her in her crib.  I don't think she even woke up and when Todd put her down, we saw she was sleeping with her eyes open which was really creepy.  She was also folded in half but didn't seem to mind because she slept great!


Todd & Lucy

This was how she was sleeping in the carseat

and this was how she was sleeping in the crib....Todd didn't even bother taking her shoes off because he didn't want to wake her up

Todd  had to work from home for a couple hours so after he was done, we headed out to run a couple errands and stopped by the library to pick up a book.  We let Lucy play a little bit too in the kid's area. 

Looking at books

and playing with puzzles

We walked to Gooseneck Tavern for dinner and watched a movie after Lucy was in bed.  Our goal this summer is to walk to most of the sit-down restaurants in our area.  We've already hit 3 and there are at least 4-5 more we can go to with Lucy.

Before dinner
I didn't do a good job of taking pictures on Sunday but we went to church (we missed June so we're 6 for 7 in going once a month) and then met one of Todd's friends from OSU and his wife for lunch at the original Max & Erma's in German Village.  Lunch took about an hour and we wanted to hang out with our friends more so we took a stroll around Schiller Park before heading home for Lucy's afternoon nap.
The highlight of Sunday was $1.44 cones at Graeter's so we walked over and met my parents for ice cream.  The line was literally wrapped around the store and out the door but it surprisingly only took 10 minutes or so to order.  We knew Lucy would want some once she saw us eating so we made sure to bring a snack for her....and I gave her a few bites of my ice cream. 
Lucy (which is a terrible picture of her, I have no idea what she's doing) and her grandparents

Finally, a picture of me & Todd!
I'm hoping the weather is nice the next couple weekends so we can head back to Zoombezi Bay a few more times.  Other than that, we really don't have a ton planned in the next few weeks which is a nice break.

1 comment:

BeckyJo606 said...

I love that you can walk to restaurants in your area for dinner! That is SO nice and I am sure Lucy loves not being in a carseat!