Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Long Labor Day Weekend

Since I usually have Fridays off of work, I was lucky enough to have a 4 day weekend since Monday was Labor Day.  The only downside is now I have to work this Friday to make up for being off on Monday.  Because my mom has been helping me with Lucy on my days off since my back surgery, I was able to get my haircut on Friday morning.  It was much needed seeing as I hadn't had it cut since I think February and we have Lucy's 1 year photos coming up next week.  Anyways, I went to a different hair stylist and she actually straightened my hair after cutting it.  I honestly haven't seen it straight since probably high school!  It was nice to be able to put it in a pony tail and then take it down without my hair looking terrible, something I can't ever do with my curly hair.
 
 Straight hair selfie
 
The rest of the morning and early afternoon my mom, Lucy, and I spent at the pool.  It was such a hot day and Lucy loved having the baby pool to herself.  Once Todd was home from work, we went to Giant Eagle Market District in UA for the Deschutes Brewery beer tasting.  The lines were long though and Lucy was getting antsy so we didn't stay as long as we would have liked.
 
Saturday was another hot & humid day and our last chance to hit up Zoombezi Bay.  It was packed but we were still able to have fun in the kids' area as well as float in the lazy river.

All smiles at Zoombezi Bay

It was pretty crowded at Tiny Tides

In the late afternoon, we met my dad at the St. Michael Festival for some food and games.  I went to St. Michael from 1st-8th grade so it's always fun to come back and run into people I knew from way back when.

View of the midway
 
Lucy picking out a duck with Grandpa

Not a winner but she still got a small prize

Todd didn't have any luck at the ring toss 

and neither did I

He didn't win at tip up either

But Lucy won a rubber ducky at the lollipop tree

On Sunday after church and Lucy's morning nap, we went to CarMax to try and sell Todd's car.  He was a winner at Honda's used car sale lottery at work and ended up buying a 2012 Honda Accord.  At Honda R&D, they have a used car sale once or twice a year with the old manager cars.  Anyone who is interested is put in a lottery with what cars they potentially want and if you're picked, you can buy that car.  Todd tends to be pretty lucky so I wasn't surprised he was picked for his first choice car.  He has talked about getting a more family-friendly car recently and this was the perfect chance to get a newer car in great condition for less than half the original price.  Anyways, we spent part of Sunday at CarMax but Todd wasn't happy with what they were going to give him so we ended up leaving.

Todd with his sporty two-door manual Civic SI that wasn't super convenient with having a kid

 A somewhat stressful day called for an extra large beer

Monday morning Todd decided to drive out to Honda Marysville to see what they would offer him for his car and was pleasantly surprised when it was significantly more than CarMax.  We drove back out a little bit later to drop off the car and then went to Firehouse Subs for lunch.  We were planning on having a picnic at Schiller Park but of course it started raining as soon as we left the house.

Lucy sporting her new hat

We ran some errands (Target, of course!) after lunch and relaxed for a bit while Lucy took an afternoon nap.  We capped off our 3 day weekend by grilling out for dinner.

Todd got really dressed up in his tuxedo t-shirt for dinner


No comments: