Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas Celebrations

Christmas this year seemed like such a whirlwind compared to last year!  Last year, I was on my last week of maternity leave around this time so Todd & I were both off work and were able to go up to Leetonia for a couple days to see Todd's family and then come back to Columbus to spend Christmas with my parents and some relaxing days at home.  This year was really busy plus we have a toddler now too to chase after.  I really hope this isn't how it's going to be every year because I felt like we never had a minute to catch up on sleep and to just relax. 
 
My brother, Jeff, and his fiancee, Meghan, flew in from San Francisco last Monday, December 22.  We had dinner with my family that evening and then didn't see them again until Christmas morning.  I had to work on Christmas Eve so our original plan was to head straight up to Leetonia once I got off work but we found out that no one was even going to be at my in-laws, including my in-laws, until later that afternoon/early evening so we weren't in a huge rush to get up there.  We made it up there around 5:00 PM and by 5:30 PM, people were arriving for the annual Christmas Eve party.  There was a houseful of about 30-35 people, with a few new additions to the family that were just born in the past couple months.  We ate, visited with family, watched Lucy run around and play with all the kids, and stayed until Santa came to visit.  Once Santa left, we packed up and got in the car for the almost 3 hour drive home.  We got home around midnight and I didn't end up falling asleep until close to 2:00 AM.   
 
Todd's parents, sister's family, and us

Cousins
 
Rodrick family

3rd time was definitely NOT the charm and Lucy once again cried when she sat on Santa's lap

Getting her present from Santa

We got up before 7:00 AM on Christmas morning so Lucy could open some presents from Santa before going to mass with my family.  After mass, we went over to my parents' place to spend part of Christmas day.

Santa came!

Lucy must have been the only good one this year because Todd & I had empty stockings

I loved the look on her face when she saw the presents under the tree

She was very curious about it all
 
and immediately started investigating

Hmmm....what's this?

Daddy helping her open some presents

Her 1st UK book from Aunt Chris & Uncle Fred!

Opening more...

and more...

and more!

She loved her magna doodle

Todd's present to me...which were lululemon capris (we have a $25 limit which we both went over this year)

Todd's present from me (kit to make sake and shaving soap from the Art of Shaving)

Christmas morning 2014

Christmas tree at my parents'

All dressed up after church

Lucy trying to find her presents

She got a puppy!

And a puzzle stool among other things (like lots of toys!)

Hanging out

Lucy hanging out with Uncle Jeff and soon-to-be Aunt Meghan

No surprise that my dad fell asleep on the couch

Once we got home, Lucy had some more presents from Santa to open.  She opened the presents in her stocking before getting distracted by all her new toys so we saved a few more for her to open the day after Christmas.

Digging through her stocking
 
Opening her last few presents the day after Christmas when my family stopped over

Trying to get a better look at what she got by standing on it

Jeff & Meghan flew back to San Francisco on Saturday early afternoon so once we said good-bye to them (but only for 3 weeks since we'll be out there for their wedding!) we drove back up to Leetonia for a 75th birthday party for Todd's godmother that evening and to exchange Christmas presents with Todd's family on Sunday.

The cousins are ready to open presents

Lucy loved her new Elmo book

and her new toy

Action shot of opening presents

Our big present from Todd's parents was a new grill!

Kids hanging out on the couch

Another family picture in front of my in-laws beautiful tree

MaMa & PaPa with the grandkids
 
So now you can see why I said it was whirlwind!  We made 2 trips to Leetonia in a span of 4 days and tried to spend as much time with my parents, Jeff, and Meghan when we were home.  Hoping to relax a bit more on my next day off which is on Thursday for New Year's Day.  No big plans here for New Year's Eve except making sushi at home and watching a movie.

No comments: