Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Yet Another Snowy Weekend

Our weekend started by going to the St. Joan of Arc Fish Fry on Friday night for dinner with my parents.  It's probably the best fish fry in central Ohio since it's all you can eat and the food is pretty tasty.  I'd also guess it's popular by the line out the door too....we got there just a couple minutes after it opened and there were probably already 200 people there.
 
Lucy enjoyed the rolls and mac & cheese

On Saturday morning, we just hung around the house and then around 11:00 AM, I went to a barre3 class that was free because it was for a new instructor that was training.  We ate lunch right after I got home and then one of Todd's coworkers came over to make beer.  His coworker had been wanting to make some for awhile but wanted to see if he actually enjoyed it before buying some of the equipment so Todd had him over to help him and let him use all of his equipment.  He was probably here for about 3 hours so I played with Lucy and then read/played on my iPad while Lucy was napping. 

After the beer making was finished for the day, Todd, Lucy, and I drove over to the east side of town to have dinner at B Spot Burgers in Gahanna.  We'd been to one of them in Cleveland when I was pregnant and ever since they opened the one here, I've been dying to go.  We got there at about 6:00 PM and only had to wait 10 minutes for a table.  Todd and I each got a burger and then split the rosemary fries and a vanilla milkshake.  The milkshake itself was worth the trip, it was seriously one of the best I'd ever had!  Lucy had a grilled cheese sandwich (which she hardly ate) and some yogurt (which she ate the entire container).  And of course, no trip to Gahanna is complete without a stop at Crafted Drafts for Todd.  He was able to pick out a few different beers to make sampler 6 pack.

Two of Lucy's favorite things: a straw and milk

Thin Lizzy burger with fries and a vanilla shake

My favorite little girl

Way too many beers to pick from

I woke up on Sunday morning to a good few inches of snow and after all was said & done, we got about 5-6 inches.  Our plan for the day was to go to COSI in the late morning so I was up early to go to the grocery store (I was there at 6:30 AM and it was awesome!  There were only 2 other people there shopping) and then made it to Spinning by 8:00 AM.  Once I got home, I made a Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Breakfast Ring and showered while it was in the oven.  Todd & I enjoyed it warm before heading to COSI with Lucy.

We got to COSI a little before 11:00 AM and it was dead compared to how it was on the Saturday morning we went about a month ago.  I'm sure part of it was also due to the snow outside.  There were maybe 15 other little kids playing in little kidspace and Lucy was able to roam around freely and play with whatever she wanted.  She played for almost an hour before we put her in the stroller and wandered down to the Progress exhibit, one of my favorite areas of the museum.  We made it back home a little before 1:00 PM which to me felt a lot later since I'd already done so much that morning.

We didn't really do much else on Sunday or at least anything I can remember that's worth noting.  We just kinda hung around, played with Lucy, got all of our files together for our tax guy, and had Donatos for pizza night.

The Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Breakfast Ring I made

Todd enjoys COSI just as much as Lucy

Playing with the cash register

Grilling up some strawberries

Washing dishes

Getting wet at the water table

 She loved the nozzles that were blowing air

We're hoping she can help us in the yard this summer with her stellar wheelbarrow skills

Trying on glasses

At the entrance to the Progress exhibit

Streets & stores from 1920s (I think)

Streets & stores from 1960s


No comments: