Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Anniversary Dinners

Todd & I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary last Thursday.  We had plans to celebrate on Friday night and Saturday morning but wanted to do something on our actual anniversary so we decided to go to dinner at Milestone 229.  The weather was absolutely perfect so we took advantage by sitting outside and enjoying the view of the fountains.  After dinner, we walked around a bit to let Lucy burn off some energy and then enjoyed our anniversary cake once Lucy was in bed.

Anniversary flowers from Todd

Our view from our table at dinner

Celebrating our anniversary as a family

Todd & Lucy

We started with some pretzel sticks which were really good...

and then split this salad...

along with a pulled pork sandwich for our main dish

Lucy dined on some mac & cheese which I snuck a few bites of and was very impressed...definitely not Kraft Mac & Cheese!

A view of where we sat outside from the fountains

Our anniversary cake

On Friday evening, we dropped Lucy off at my parents' for the night so we could enjoy a nice dinner at Mitchell's Steakhouse downtown and then take a hot air balloon ride the next morning.

I'm pretty sure every nice picture of Todd & I dressed up in the past couple years is taken from my parents' patio since we always get a picture when we drop Lucy off

Todd started with a cocktail

and I had a glass of Chardonnay

I had filet mignon for dinner

We shared these mushrooms (which were the hit of the meal! I would go back and get 3 orders of these the next time they were that good)

and mashed potatoes

Todd had a bacon wrapped filet with a gorgonzola sauce on top

Since it was our anniversary, we were able to get a complimentary dessert and since Todd let me decide, we got the warm chocolate cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream

Really great dinner but even better company

Happy 4 years!

We got home relatively early and decided to change out of our nice clothes and walk over to Daily Growler for a drink

I'll have the recap of our balloon ride up tomorrow!  There were way too many pictures to try and do all of this in one post.

No comments: