Thursday, June 23, 2016

Wedding in Lexington

Like I mentioned the other day, we were in Lexington this past weekend to attend my second's cousin's wedding (my dad's cousin's daughter).  A few of my aunts and uncles as well as my dad's cousins that I haven't seen in a few years were all going to be there so we figured we'd make the drive down to see everyone.  Plus, let's be honest, Todd & I love going to weddings (I've lost count of how many we've gone to over the 8 years we've been together but it's definitely 30+) and we don't have any more in the future that we know of yet.  

So on Saturday after our brewery tour, we met my parents to pick Lucy up from them, checked into our hotel, and got ready for the wedding.  We knew it was an outdoor wedding at the groom's family farm so the dress was a bit more casual especially since it was 85-90 degrees out.  The ceremony was right in the dead heat of the day with no shade so I was dying (wearing a black dress probably wasn't the smartest move either) and was glad the ceremony was over in about 30 minutes.  It was a beautiful set up though and I'm sure they weren't anticipating it being as hot as it was!

Lucy standing on Grandma's lap to get a better view of the bridal party walking down the aisle

The bride pulled up in a VW bug at the end of the aisle to walk down with her dad

Bride and groom exchanging vows

After the ceremony, the wedding planner came over and told us there were special treat boxes for the kids to have; they had a coloring book & crayons, play doh, and a bunch of snacks in them which was really thoughful

Across the field under a large tent was where the reception was set up.  Again, it was beautiful and I really loved & appreciated all the little details that they put into the planning of it.  Oh, and the food was amazing!  They had a southern-style buffet so it was all the good stuff--mac & cheese, bbq pulled pork & coleslaw jars (which were the cutest things), cheese grits, etc.  Despite skipping a nap that day, Lucy was very well behaved and was tearing up the dance floor.  She probably spent a good 2 hours running around on it (before the actual dancing started) and dancing.  It was funny though because she didn't want to dance with me, Todd, or my parents (basically anyone she actually knew) but was more than willing to dance with complete strangers.  By the end of the night, most people knew her name and when she came over on the dance floor, they'd be calling her over.  She's definitely outgoing and a people person!

Cake & cupcake table

Head table (the dance floor was directly behind it)

View of the inside of the tent from the head table; the food and bar were on the other end

We sat with my parents and a couple of my uncles and aunt

The dinner menu

Drink station with iced tea, lavender lemonade, and water

And this was the bar where they even had a few specialty drinks for the night (I know one had bourbon in it and one had champagne in it)

Love this quote

Gift and guestbook table

Family pic before getting the party started

They even had special cups with lids and straws for the kids (I swear, they thought of everything!)

Lucy coloring

All the delicious food; that mason jar on the left side was the bbq jar I mentioned earlier that had pulled pork on the bottom and coleslaw on the top

Digging in to her piece of wedding cake

They had a photo booth there too and luckily they didn't seem to mind Lucy went up 7 times to get her picture taken with different costumes and family members

Rodrick family of 3 (for now)

Dancing with the bride

Running/dancing 

Lucy made a new friend and they were playing together for awhile
 

She was totally content dancing with strangers or by herself

She would watch everyone dance and try to copy their moves

The ceremony had started at 4:00 PM so by around 9:00 PM, we (Todd & I) were ready to head back to the hotel (Lucy would've stayed all night if she could--she kept telling us her favorite part of the wedding was the music) so I honestly have no idea how long the reception lasted.  I'm really glad we made the drive down to go though and now we're officially done traveling until baby girl comes in July!

No comments: