Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Bump Update #2: Week 38

38 weeks on July 9, 2016

38 weeks with Lucy vs. Baby Girl #2

How far along: 38 weeks & 4 days

Size of baby: About 19.5 inches long, weighs about between 6.5-7 pounds, and is the size of a pumpkin or leek

Weight gain: 17 pounds

Maternity clothes: Maternity shorts/pants with the exception of some regular shorts with an elastic waist (including workout shorts) and maternity & regular shirts

Symptoms: Braxton Hicks contractions (pretty much every 10-15 minutes), sciatica/numbness in right foot/toes, mild cramping

Gender: Girl

Exercise: Plan on teaching Spin/TRX two days/week up until my due date (so basically tomorrow and hopefully twice next week) and either Spinning on my own or doing a TRX/Cardio workout at home a few days/week for a total of 5-6 workouts/week

Food cravings: Haven't really had much of an appetite recently, I think this baby is just squishing my stomach too much!

Food aversions: Nothing

Movement: Stretching & squirming constantly

Sleep: Sleeping great but still getting up 2x/night to pee.

Looking forward to: Meeting our little girl in hopefully 10 days or less!

Best moment of the week: Spending last weekend doing whatever Lucy wanted; she really is such a great little kid and I hope this new baby won't turn her world upside down too much.  Also, I had another dr appt today and I made some progress from last week which is always great to hear (although after Lucy coming a week late, I've learned my lesson about getting my hopes up about when this baby will come!).  I'm 1.5 cm dilated (almost 2 cm according to my dr) and 70% effaced.

No comments: