Monday, November 28, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

We've had such a busy holiday weekend that Thanksgiving already seems like weeks ago!  My brother, sister-in-law, and nephew were in town all last week from the San Francisco area so we spent quite a bit of time hanging out with them. Plus, we had Cece's baptism yesterday so we had a bunch of family in town for that too.  Thanksgiving was great this year though.  My parents hosted which was a bit of relief since we have an extra little one in our family this year (hard to believe we were just announcing to my parents last Thanksgiving that I was pregnant!) and my brother's family was here.  I was in charge of dessert (no surprise there) so I made a Chocolate Pumpkin Layer cake as well as a Caramel Apple cake.  We headed over to my parents' place around noon and spent the rest of the day/early evening over there until Lucy & Cece were hitting their cranky time and needed to get to bed.  It was a pretty low-key, relaxing holiday with lots of yummy food which is the perfect kind in my book.  I'm excited for Christmas to come but it always seems so much more stressful than Thanksgiving!

Lucy helping me make the pumpkin cake

Chocolate Pumpkin Layer Cake

Caramel Apple Cake (I had actually made this the night before...and I'm aware this picture doesn't show any of the actual cake but trust me, it was really tasty!)

Watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade

First thing we did at my parents' place was get a family picture 

Cousins (William turns 1 next week....and Cece is almost his size at 4 months old)

Cece was really cozy with Grandpa and fell asleep in his arms about 2 minutes later

Lucy & Uncle Jeff...her new best buddy

She just wanted to keep playing with him all day and weekend

Todd & Jeff with Cece & Lucy

Todd was so excited to try out his $60 bourbon beer he had saved for a special occasion

Jeff brought some of his home brew he had made last winter after William was born

Sitting down for dinner (William & Cece were both napping at the start of dinner)

William & Uncle Todd

No comments: