Thursday, September 7, 2017

Labor Day Weekend Part 2

By mid-morning on Sunday, we were all itching to get outside since it had stopped raining and the sun was shining so we decided to head to the zoo for a few hours.  Apparently I didn't realize it was going to be significant warmer than Saturday so I had myself and the girls in long pants and long sleeves.  I'm glad I had a tank top underneath my hoodie and the girls could just push their sleeves up.  Todd wanted to see the gibbons in Australia so we started on that side of the zoo and then made our way over to North America to see the elephants and rhinos (Lucy's request) and then head up to Africa to feed the giraffes (also Lucy's request).

Todd with his girls

There was a tiny baby gibbon that we got to see

Lucy feeding the giraffe

and I helped Cece feed it as well

Sunday evening, we met my dad at the St. Michael Festival, which was the grade school I went to and church we belonged to as a family for awhile before switching to St. Joan of Arc.  Lucy rode some rides first, then we stopped to eat dinner, and finished our evening with some games.  Always a good time and more often than not, I run into people I haven't seen in forever.

Grandpa & Lucy going down the giant slide

Weee!!!

Pure look of terror on her face although she claims it was so much fun

She rode the kiddie roller coaster next

Again, first time around she wasn't so sure but then the second time around she had a smile on her face

She also did the bounce house

Best pic I could get while eating under the tent and listening to music

Lucy picking a duck from the duck pond

Cece got a turn too

Both girls also did the lollipop tree 

  Todd & I played milk can toss (and won!) and he also played bottle tip up

Our original plan on Labor Day was to head to Zoombezi Bay one last time before it closed for the year but it never seemed to get quite warm enough to swim.  The sun was warm when it was out but it was pretty windy on Monday which would've made it colder when in the water and we've learned our lesson with Lucy that if she's cold swimming, she'll only last a very short period of time before wanting to sit out and eat snacks (which we could easily do at home!).  We decided instead to head to Emerald Fields park in Dublin near our house to let the girls enjoy the nice day.  I hadn't taken the girls to that park for a few months so it was a nice change of pace from Murphy Park.  Once we got home, I made creamy cheddar pasta salad and summer corn salad to go along with our brats and hot dogs we were grilling out for dinner.  

Playing at the park

Working on her taking some steps

Cece hates swings (will literally cry the second you set her in one or sit down in one with her on your lap) but loves slides

Hanging out

Sisters

Creamy cheddar pasta salad

Summer corn salad (so good and will definitely make again!)

The extra long weekend was great (well, besides some toddler meltdowns on Saturday) and had me refreshed for a busy week ahead!  Work has been insanely busy and now that Lucy has swim lessons, tap, and preschool, it makes for a hectic week.

No comments: