Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Post-Thanksgiving Weekend

The one thing I love about Thanksgiving is that it means we have a guaranteed 4-day weekend.  Now I know I'm typically off on Fridays anyways but Todd isn't so it was nice to spend some extra family time together.  I can hardly remember what we even did on Friday besides a lot of online shopping (pretty much done Christmas shopping for everyone--which is close to 20 people), getting out all the Christmas decor for the mantle & Christmas books for the girls, and going to the Wildlights at the Zoo.  I took the girls a few weeks ago for my work event but Todd was out of town so we went again on Friday night.  It definitely wasn't as cold but it was a lot more crowded.

On Saturday, the girls & I got up early and made the 2 hour drive up towards Cleveland for a birthday party at Playground World in Avon.  The party started at 10:00 AM and we were there until noon playing.  Todd spent the morning at home installing a new doorbell & replacing our kitchen faucet.  I swear, it seems like every month something is breaking in our house.  Then, he was able to relax and watch the Ohio State- Michigan game in peace & quiet....well, until the girls & I got home.  Todd had been wanting Mexican recently so we took the girls to El Vaquero for dinner.  I hadn't been there in a few years and it wasn't as good as I was expecting--it wasn't bad, it just wasn't anything outstanding.

Since I was subbing a Spinning class on Sunday morning, I went an hour early and also took a BodyPump class.  PAI Yoga & Fitness, where I teach, just recently added BodyPump to their schedule and I've really liked it so far and have actually been taking advantage of my free membership there by taking it once/week.  Once I got home, Todd left to go to a Beer & Donut pairing at the Daily Growler with some friends while my dad came over with my aunt & uncle, who were on their way home from Thanksgiving up near our cottage in Pennsylvania.  They hadn't met Cece yet and hadn't seen Lucy (or myself) for almost 2 years so I was really happy they were able to stop by to visit for about an hour or so.  Lucy's been loving the new Christmas crayons & coloring book they gave her.  She is finally at the point where she can sit and color for awhile which is something I've been looking forward to for awhile.  Most days now when I'm home from work & Cece goes down for her afternoon nap, Lucy & I will sit and color together for a good half hour or so.  The rest of Sunday flew by and before I know it, it was already time to start another week.

This weekend will be a busy but fun one--we have our annual Breakfast with Santa at Honda as well as cutting down & decorating our Christmas tree.  Also, Jack, our elf, will be making his appearance!

Outside the entrance to the zoo

Carousel ride (and this was pretty much Cece's face the entire time we were there, we were cracking up because she's usually so smiley--she was not impressed with the Christmas lights)

On the train ride

Party room for Kendall's birthday at Playground World

The cake was so good--I might have snagged a couple bites from Lucy & Cece

What kids' dreams are made of--tons of slides, swings, and climbing walls

Jumping on the trampoline (or "jumperine" as Lucy called it)

Heading down a slide

Cece scooted around this for awhile

Lounging in a hammock

Train ride with the birthday girl

I had to get a picture of this because literally every other kid (there were probably 15 or so) had already left the party room after eating cake to go play some more and there was Cece, sitting by herself, just munching away on some goldfish crackers

No comments: