Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Disney on Ice + Other Weekend Happenings

With a killer Cardio + Core workout at Studio Torch done by 6:00 AM on Friday morning, I headed into work.  The specific clinic I work for at Mount Carmel was moving sites and I ended up working all of Friday while Todd stayed home with the girls. We moved just a few miles away but into a brand new building with several other department (Sports Med, PT, Women's Health, etc.) so we're in the process of moving in and will start seeing patients tomorrow morning.  I'm particularly excited because I'm hoping it cuts my commute time down, especially in the mornings.  Before I knew the specific date we were moving, I had already scheduled Cece's 18 month appointment so I left work for about an hour and met Todd & the girls at the pediatrician.  Cece's check up went well and the pediatrician saw no concerns and said she's doing great.  I can't believe the next time we go back, Cece will be 2!  Once I was finally done with work later that afternoon, I swung by home to pick up Lucy and Todd stayed home while Cece was just waking up from her nap (she typically sleeps from about 2:00-4:30/5:00 PM).  Lucy & I ran a couple errands (she'd been wanting to pick out Valentine's Day cards at Hallmark) and then stopped for some frozen yogurt.

Outside the studio at Studio Torch

All the good stuff--TRX, slam balls, BOSU, plyo boxes

Cece really liked kissing the cute baby in the mirror

Fro-yo date with my favorite 4 year old (she's been into wearing headbands lately--we got a bunch of hand me downs and she picks out a different one every day to wear!)

I got up early on Saturday (which is pretty much like every Saturday) and went to a class at System of Strength in Clintonville.  I don't go to this studio very often, I tend to go to Dublin, so I was excited to run into a former high school classmate there. I think she even convinced me to try out the Monday early morning class there because she had good things to say about the instructor.  I had to go to the early class because we had tickets to Disney on Ice for the late morning show.  Lucy was beyond excited for the show and even wore her Elsa costume (which I thought was an Anna costume until just a couple weeks ago).  Both girls were captivated with the show (as was I!) and I'm so glad we went again this year.

Ready for a sweat fest at SOS

I tried my best to get a picture of both girls but Cece was just not into standing still or looking at the camera...

but Lucy was more than willing to cooperate

Waiting for the show to start

Lucy ended up sitting on my lap because a taller man sat down right in front of us

 Even Todd was entertained during the show--look at his half grin!

The girls & I during intermission

Lucy with her $15 bag of cotton candy that she didn't up liking...but she was excited to also get a crown out of it (each bag came with a crown)

Still attempting to get Cece to smile...

Yep, she wasn't having any of it

Lucy's favorite part--Frozen!

And my last failed attempt at a sisters picture


After Cece's nap, we made a quick trip to the mall and then had dinner at Mod Pizza.  It's one of those fast-casual restaurants where you pick all the ingredients/toppings (like Chipotle or Piada) and your pizza is cooked in about 5 minutes.  The salads are ready immediately.  We've been to Pizza Cucinova before but I liked the concept of Mod Pizza because it was the same price for as many toppings as you wanted so we were able to get a specialty pizza for the same price as our half cheese/half pepperoni pizza.

Todd & I split the seasonal salad, the girls had the cheese slices...

and Todd & I also split this seasonal pizza (we took home a slice of each pizza as leftovers)

This is my absolute favorite expression Cece makes--she squeezes her fists tight and makes this face like she's saying, "I'm so excited!"

Sunday is usually our day to catch up on errands or things around the house and this past weekend was no exception.  I went grocery shopping & did some laundry, Todd & Lucy cleaned up the playroom kitchen, and then while Cece was napping, Todd worked in the basement and I took Lucy to the Shops at Worthington Place.  They were having a Family Reading Festival with lots of activities for kids and after we went through all the stations, Lucy played at the indoor play area.  She was so excited when she ran into one of her friends from school too!  Once we got home, Todd headed off to an HOA meeting and then we all hung out as a family for dinner and the rest of the evening.

Cleaning/organizing the playroom kitchen 

Cece was hard at work on her computer (the girls were playing dress up again)

 Playing with letter and number stampers with play doh at the Family Reading Festival

Playing with Frozen characters on a felt board

2 comments:

Mosey Prose said...

Hey that's me! haha Yes, please come to a Jane work out on a Monday morning - I'm still sore from this week's class! PS - the picture of Cece kissing herself in the mirror is too precious!!!!

Sheri Kueh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.