Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Another Weekend that Flew By

Since Lucy didn't have school on Friday (not sure if it was a long holiday weekend because of Presidents' Day or if it was a teacher day due to parent teacher conferences the week before), the girls & I spent the day together.  I won a free month of barre3 classes (with childcare included) so after taking a class, Lucy, Cece, and I went to Target.  Lucy had received money from Grandma & Grandpa for Valentine's Day to pick something out and she was dying to spend her money.  After walking up and down the toy aisles multiple times (of course, the first few things she wanted to buy were $50+ which was a lot more than the money she had received), Lucy finally settled on a new outfit for her bitty baby.  On our way out, Lucy wanted to use her Starbucks gift card she got in her stocking from Santa to buy a cake pop.  Of course, there's no way Lucy could have one without Cece going crazy so I bought one for Cece.  We stayed home the rest of the day and had a low-key evening. 

Still playing with their castle/house boxes on Friday morning

The toy/outfit Lucy picked out at Target

Always a big smile when cake pops are involved

Cece had never had one and was really unsure of what to do with it

Once she figured out how to eat it...

she was loving it!

On Saturday morning, we made our first trip to the indoor Worthington farmers' market this winter.  We really just wanted to get out of the house with the girls for a couple hours so we wandered around the farmers' market but the majority of our time was spent playing in the toy store and on the indoor play area.  We stopped at the library on the way home to return some books and pick up some new ones so the girls once again, were able to play for a little bit.  Todd had a beer & girl scout cookie tasting with a friend in the early afternoon so I fed the girls lunch and we played at home for awhile.  Our babysitter came over around dinnertime so Todd & I could go out on our monthly date night.  We had reservations at Cooper's Hawk at Easton (and luckily we had reservations because it was a 2 hour wait!) and the food, wine, and company were perfect.  Todd & I were debating all night if we'd been there once or twice before but nonetheless, it had been a few years since our last visit and we both agreed we need to not wait so long before our next time.

Playing in the toy store at the Shops at Worthington (where the indoor farmers' market is held)

One of the booths at the farmers' market was a kids' table with a craft the kids could do

A little blurry but Cece enjoyed the slide at the indoor play area

"Playing" with the computer at the library

Oh hey, they're playing with the boxes again

Glass of sangria for me at dinner...

and a wine flight that Todd & I shared

Nice to have some adult time and also nice to have a relaxing dinner out

My dinner included parmesan crusted chicken, potatoes, and the most amazing roasted vegetables 

Todd got gnocchi carbonara

Sunday was a pretty laid back day.  I subbed a SpinCore class and went grocery shopping and then in the afternoon while Cece was sleeping & Todd had people over for a HOA planning meeting, Lucy & I went to the outlet mall.  I noticed last week that the bottom part of the my running shoes was falling apart (which is weird because I don't really run any more and the shoes weren't that old).  Todd super glued it back on but I'm not sure how long that will hold up.  I tried to order new ones online but Asics just came out with a new model, which are $160, and they were out of the older (aka cheaper) model in my size on literally every website so I decided to make a quick trip to the Asics outlet store.  Good news is that they had my size and they were having a Presidents' Day weekend sale so the shoes that would've been $160, were only $84!  We made it home before Cece was up from her nap so after Todd's meeting was over, he took Lucy on some errands so I could study for my ACLS renewal certification test that I successfully passed yesterday.  Before we knew it, dinner was over, the girls were off to bed, and another weekend was done.

My new shoes

Since Lucy was a trooper tagging along at the outlet mall, she was able to play on the outdoor playground for a little bit (it really wasn't too cold on Sunday afternoon)....

and she picked out 2 chocolates at the Lindt store

No comments: