Friday, February 16, 2018

Valentine's Day 2018

Another Valentine's Day celebration in the books with my little loves!  I tend to go a little overboard since it's one of my favorite holidays now that I have the girls to spoil but I love it and know the girls had a great day.  It's funny though now that I'm writing that because I definitely do more for the girls than Todd but we've never really done a lot to celebrate--we're pretty low key and instead of getting each other presents, we'd rather save the money to go do something together.  In fact, our Valentine's Day tradition is typically getting Raising Cane's for dinner and getting each other cards.  We have our babysitter coming on Saturday so Todd & I can go to dinner at Cooper's Hawk so that will be our Valentine's celebration (even though we typically go on a date night once/month anyways!)

The girls went to bed in their matching heart pjs and woke up excited for the day.  I had to be at work at 3:45 AM that morning so on my hour break between my early hours and my normal work hours, I stopped by Tim Horton's and swung home to surprise Lucy, Cece, and Todd with donuts.  Of course, Lucy asked if we were having heart pancakes (we'd done that the past couple years) so I promised them to her for dinner.  Later that day, the girls got a few gifts, enjoyed their chocolate chip heart pancakes, and then facetimed with MaMa & PaPa to wish them a happy Valentine's Day.  After the girls were in bed, Todd & I watched the Olympics and had our Raising Cane's.

All smiles for their matching pjs

Sprinkle donuts for the girls & a raspberry filled donut for Todd

Cannot believe this is the 5th Valentine's Day we've celebrated with  Lucy

Todd & Lucy had dentist appointments on Tuesday afternoon so on their way home, Todd stopped at the store so Lucy could pick out some flowers for me

Lucy made this card at my parents' house for me--it says "Mommy, I love you so much.  Pink is your favorite color.  Love Lucy"--and I've already hung it up at my desk at work

Todd ordered some brew pots for the basement brew room and the girls have made castles/houses out of them; it's kept them entertained for hours this week!

Our "official" Valentine's day picture

Opening their gifts

So focused on opening them

Lucy comparing her present with Cece's present

Lucy is obsessed with Frozen & The Wizard of Oz right now but since it's extremely hard to find Wizard of Oz toys, we went with a few new Frozen toys/dolls

Pancakes for dinner

Cece definitely enjoyed her chocolate chip pancake!

Facetime with MaMa & PaPa while opening the present they sent

No comments: