Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Our Weekend

Our weekend can be summed up, for the most part, in 3 words: fish, chicken, and eggs.  We went to our church's fish fry on Friday night, we ran errands on Saturday with a stop at Chick-Fil-A for lunch, and we decorated Easter eggs.  

Of course, we did a few other things as well including the 2.5 hours I spent on Sunday afternoon completely reorganizing all of the girls' clothes that I've been storing in the bins in the basement.  It has been on my to-do list forever and I finally just decided to do it.  I had 10 bins plus other clothes from Cece's dresser & closet that she's recently outgrown.  I've sold quite a few things on our local buy/sell/trade Facebook page but I think we're still going to have a garage sale this summer too.  I'm ready to purge the baby stuff!

While Lucy was at school on Friday, I took Cece to the Westerville Community Center for their open play toddler time

Cece loved riding around in these cars...good thing we have one in our garage that will be ready to ride once the weather warms up

Playing "basketball"

and playing in the kitchen

Lucy worked on some arts & crafts later that afternoon while Cece was napping

Her finished unicorn

Fish Fry at St. Joan's for dinner on Friday

It was packed; they've served over 5000 people this Lent 

Lunch at Chick-Fil-A on Saturday

Lucy enjoyed our free Frosted Sunrise

Cece was more than excited for her nuggets & waffle fries

While Cece napped, Lucy dyed Easter eggs (we'll include Cece next year but honestly it would've been more of a headache and mess to include her this year)

She started with pink because it's her favorite color

 I even dyed a couple with her

 The dozen eggs we did 

Lucy spent quite a bit of time coloring this picture for my parents and she did such a great job I wanted to take a picture of it (seriously, compared to how she was coloring at the beginning of the school year, it's night & day)

 On Sunday, my parents came over for lunch and to show us their vacation pictures so I made this sandwich ring

This was at the start of organizing everything and now all the clothes are sorted by size into those bins (they were somewhat organized before but slowly in the last year, I've just thrown random clothes into bins and then can never find anything); it was very time consuming but I'm really glad I finally did it...plus I found some clothes for Cece to wear that were Lucy's that I had either forgotten about or couldn't find before

No comments: