Tuesday, April 17, 2018

From 80 degrees to 40 degrees

I thought we were finally turning the corner with more spring-like temps over the weekend but of course, Ohio weather loves to keep us on our toes so after 80 degrees on Friday, it was only 40 degrees yesterday with some random snowflakes falling throughout the day.  We took full advantage of the amazing weather on Friday though with 3 trips outside to walk/bike/play.  It must've worn the girls out because they both napped (simultaneously!) that afternoon.  Lucy hasn't taken a nap in over 6 months (well, she might've taken one or two at some point when she was sick over the winter) but this was very unexpected and turned out to be a quiet afternoon for me. 

The girls don't see Todd on Friday mornings because he leaves before I wake them up so Lucy always likes me to take a picture during breakfast to send to him at work

While Lucy was at school, Cece & I walked the ~2 mi neighborhood loop; it felt so great to be back outside in shorts!

We also ran some errands before picking Lucy up, which included a stop at Old Navy, and Cece was so excited to see the mannequin dog; she even attempted to climb on it to ride

After school, I decided to treat the girls to happy meals at McDonald's and since I wanted to be outside as much as possible, we walked there

Lucy sharing her ice cream with Cece

While the girls napped, I enjoyed some time to read

After Todd was home from work & we ate dinner, we went back outside again for a bike ride

I can't wait until this is a nightly occurrence

Saturday started with a 3:00 AM wake-up so I could get online to order some Hunter for Target boots for the girls.  I had read they'd go on sale online at 12:00 AM pacific time so at 3:00 AM eastern time, I logged on and was pleasantly surprised to see them on sale just a few minutes later.  I immediately fell back asleep and when I actually got up a few hours later, the boots were already sold out online so I was glad I had set my alarm!  After a 7:00 AM class at System of Strength and some breakfast, we headed to COSI for a couple hours followed by lunch at Krema for some peanut butter sandwiches & milkshakes.  I thought it was supposed to rain most of Saturday which is why we headed indoors but instead it ended up raining most of Sunday.  I had a (much needed) haircut on Saturday afternoon and then Todd & I had dinner together after the girls were in bed while watching I, Tonya.  Like I said, it rained literally all of Sunday so after church & grocery shopping, we stayed inside the rest of the day.

Matching boots for the girls

Playing at COSI

Lucy loved this skeleton that would copy your movements; she stood there and danced for a good 5-10 minutes (check out that hip pop!)

After Kids' Space, we went to the Ocean exhibit which I don't think I'd ever been to; my favorite part was going into a submarine (Todd caught us on camera)

Lucy in front of the yellow submarine

Always taking cut out pictures

Another area we rarely visit is on the Mezzanine level and includes their space exhibit

On our way out, Lucy was finally able to play on the new outdoor playground that opened a few months ago

Todd, the girls, and I all split a Buckeye Sandwich (peanut butter + nutella)...

and a Fluffy Mallow (peanut butter + marshmallow creme) as well as a Buckeye milkshake

Cece was pleased (and surprisingly kept her shirt relatively clean!)

No comments: