Friday, May 18, 2018

Hitting My Mid-30s

I hit the big 3-5 on Tuesday and am now officially in my mid-30s and just as close to 40 as I am to 30...which is just so crazy to me! My birthday celebration started on Mother's Day when my parents came over and we had cake & ice cream.  On Tuesday, my actual birthday, I had to go into work early for a few hours and Todd took the day off.  I was home from work just when Lucy was heading off to preschool so while Todd & Cece ran some secret errands, I was also out & about, kid-free, and enjoying my morning.  We all picked Lucy up from preschool and after lunch, I sat outside with the girls while they played in the water table.  It was sunny & hot out!  Once Cece went down for her nap, Todd & Lucy started working on making a birthday cake (Peanut Butter Chocolate Layer Cake) and I went out for a pedicure.  Later, I took Lucy to swim lessons while Todd stayed at home with Cece and made dinner.  I felt bad that Todd was in the kitchen all afternoon but the cake and dinner turned out great & I really appreciated all the effort he put in to make my day special.  After dinner, I opened a few presents and we had cake & ice cream.  It really was a perfect day--I got to spend some time relaxing but also spent some time with Todd & the girls and I couldn't have asked for more!

Birthday cake on Mother's Day 

Blowing out the candles

Sitting outside and reading a book while the girls played

Lucy helping Todd with the cake

Adding the Reese's cups on top

And finishing with peanut butter frosting

Pretty toes after my pedicure

Todd made his delicious Chicken Parmesan for dinner (he made extra for leftovers, trust me, we didn't come close to eating all of these!)

Delicious birthday dinner

Lucy was most excited about opening presents and had them waiting for me on the fireplace

We all opened the presents together

I got a pair of earrings from Nickel & Suede, a new fit bit, a gift card to Menchie's, and some homemade crafts from Lucy

Cake & flowers

Family photo (turned out pretty good on the 3rd attempt!)

Blowing out more candles

Top of the cake

Triple layer cake with peanut butter frosting inside

So good!

No complaints from Cece!

No comments: