Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Mother's Day Weekend 2018

Since the weatherman was calling for rain on Mother's Day, Todd planned our annual picnic for Saturday but somehow the rain held off the entire weekend so we ended up also having a picnic on Sunday.  On Saturday morning, Todd got our lunch ready and packed up everything we needed for our picnic.  Once we were all set, we left home and made a stop at the Worthington Farmers' Market to pick up a loaf of fresh bread and some cheese for our picnic.  From there, we drove to Schiller Park in German Village to have our picnic and let the girls play at the playground.  It ended up being a pretty warm day and the girls were tired from being outside and running around so once we got home in the mid-afternoon, we just stayed at home the rest of the day.

Sunny day at the farmers' market

Best attempt at a family picture (not sure what Cece is doing); Todd actually brought our real camera and tripod to get a decent picture

We spent quite a bit of time chasing Cece around; she was so excited every time a dog walked by or barked and would get up and start heading towards it

This girl loves to eat!

Picked up some cake pops at the farmers' market for dessert

Me & my girls

At the playground

Going down the slide

I was able to start Mother's Day off with a workout at Studio Torch and when I got home, Todd had made chocolate chip pancakes.  It looked beautiful outside and sure enough, the rain disappeared from the weather forecast so we packed up a picnic yet again (Todd made my favorite salad on Saturday and we had plenty of leftovers to take with us on Sunday) and this time headed to the Park of Roses.  I was hoping more flowers would've been blooming but it was still a gorgeous day and the girls had fun at a new park.  Once home, Cece went down for her nap and I made a solo trip to Target (always nice to get out by myself every so often).  We grilled out for dinner and then after, my parents came over to celebrate Mother's Day and have an early birthday celebration.  All in all, we had a great weekend and it was nice to not have to do quite as much work around the house as Todd took care of most of the "heavy lifting."
.  
Love the quotes Studio Torch posts outside the studio every week...and this one is definitely the truth!

Pancakes for breakfast

Second picnic of the weekend

I told the girls all I wanted for Mother's Day was a good picture with them and I think we got a few decent ones!

Weeee!!

Lucy swinging on her own

Picking dandelions

On the balance board

Tire swing

Love these sweet sisters

Lucy was really pumped for me to open all my presents--she'd apparently been doing arts & crafts projects and drawing pictures for me for the past few weeks and hiding them in Todd's closet

Art project form school

Love the mug the girls painted for me; I don't drink coffee but I do make mug cakes!

Can't wait to use it!

No comments: