Friday, August 3, 2018

Ohio State Fair 2018

I took the day off work yesterday to take the girls on our annual trip to the Ohio State Fair.  This is the 3rd year in a row we've gone and it gets better & better every year since the girls get older and can do more and last longer.  Todd was originally planning on taking off work and joining us but after being gone most of the last couple weeks, he's been really swamped at work and asked if it was okay if he didn't go so instead my dad came with us.  The girls loved Grandpa being there and he hadn't been to the fair in a long time so it was a win-win situation.  

We got to the fair shortly after it opened at 9:00 AM and didn't leave until 3:00 PM!  We went in the majority of the animal buildings (sheep, cows, pigs, and horses), saw the butter cow, had some yummy treats, watched some pig races, saw Smokey the Bear, and Lucy & Grandpa even rode the sky ride!  Such a fun day and one that I look forward to every summer.

The girls, my dad, and I as soon as we walked into the fair

Lucy & Grandpa posing

Trying a sample of real handmade ice cream

You know Cece loved it!

Since this year is the 50th anniversary of Anheuser-Busch being in Columbus, they had the Clydesdales on display

In front of the wagon the Clydesdales pull

Lucy with a random cow walking by

Cece was very excited to find the pig building on the map....all she kept talking about all week was going to the fair to see pig races

Watching some horses being judged

Lucy checking out a mama cow and baby calf (laying down in the hay)

My girls & I posing in front of the famous butter cow

The other display that they change up every year was A Christmas Story theme (also made out of butter)

I was loving this display!

The girls sharing a milkshake

Lucy petting the calf while Cece stepped as far away as she could; she was very hesitant around most of the animals...

except the little piggies

The big pig this year weighed 1180 pounds...it was huge!

Watching pig races outside

Lucy picked the train to ride

Hanging out with Smokey the Bear

Had to take a picture in the bacon cut out for daddy

Taking a quick break to sit on a rock

The fair wouldn't be complete with my deep fried sampler of buckeyes (my favorite!), oreos, and nutter butters

Lucy wanted to ride the sky ride when she first saw it but then when it was time to actually go on it, she got scared and changed her mind; finally at the end of the day, I asked her if she wanted to ride it back to the entrance and she said yes.  She did great & it was all she talked about the rest of the day!  I'm so glad she changed her mind and was brave enough to do it

Riding with Grandpa while Cece & I followed them on the ground

View from the back

And then once we met up at the end of the ride, I realized Cece had been asleep the entire walk back which I don't blame her since it was already a good hour past her nap time

No comments: