Monday, October 1, 2018

Date Night with Lucy

For the past year or so, Todd & I have made an effort to hire a babysitter and go on a monthly date night.  The last couple times, Lucy has mentioned how she wants to go on a date night sometime.  Her idea of a date night is going out alone with Todd or I, doing something special, and staying up a little late.  I asked her if she wanted to go out with me or Todd for her first date night and she said me so I planned a special night for us on Friday evening.  Once Todd got home from work, we went to a local nail salon so Lucy could get her very first mani/pedi.  The salon had a kid's chair so she was able to soak her feet in water and the whole nine yards.  I was able to sit right next to her to also get a pedicure.  Afterwards, we went to Max & Erma's for dinner because Lucy wanted to go someplace new that she'd never been to.  The whole night she kept saying how this was the best date night ever and how she loves date night so much.  We had a lot of fun and I'm glad I was able to spend some one-on-one time with just her.

Heading out for our date night

Soaking her feet

They did her manicure while her feet soaked

 and then her finger nails could dry while they did her pedicure

She loved it!

Done at the salon and heading to dinner

Sitting in the Erma chair while waiting for a table

She was overly excited for cheeseburger sliders

We ended the night with ice cream sundaes from the sundae bar

Still smiling!

Since her birthday was the next day, our server gave her a special Birthday Girl ribbon to wear

No comments: