Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Trip to the Pumpkin Patch

Even though we go to various farms throughout the fall to pick apples and play, we started going to Jacquemin Farms several years ago to pick pumpkins and I like to keep our traditions.  Unfortunately, a lot has changed at this farm and we might have to find a new one to go to next year.  The first few years we went, they had bounce houses set up for the kids, a hayride out to the pumpkin patch, and you could actually cut your own pumpkin off the vine.  Last year, they got rid of the hayride and bounce houses but you could still walk out into the patch and cut your own pumpkin.  Imagine our surprise when we went on Saturday and see that the farm is about a fifth of the size it used to be because they're building luxury apartments on part of the land.  They also just had the pumpkins already cut off the vines and laying around the patch.  I was pretty disappointed (although the girls probably didn't know any different!) and like I said, will probably look for another farm next year where we can cut our own.  

Cutout picture which was extremely awkward because Cece wasn't tall enough so I'm trying to hold her up with one hand and still have my face peeking through

Riding out to the pumpkin patch

We like to wear our flannel at the farm

Cece was determine to pick up her pumpkin (we let each of the girls pick their own) 

She did it!

Lucy next to her pumpkin

I absolutely love this picture of Todd with the girls (I feel like I don't have enough of these)

After picking pumpkins, the girls played in the barn

Lucy spent most of the time in the corn bin...

and Cece spent most of her time having me chase her around the straw maze

On Saturday evening, we had some friends over so the kids could play & the adults could hang out. We ordered dinner, the guys tried some new beers, and we enjoyed a dessert I had made.  It was a low-key evening but the perfect way to hang out with friends without having to get babysitters...although we did talk about next time actually going out without the kids.  Once they left around bedtime, I wish I could say Todd & I were able to hang out but unfortunately, he had to work (from home) and ended up working from 8:00 PM-2:00 AM so I put the girls to bed & watched a little TV before heading to bed.

I love how Kevin & Todd were wearing the same outfit

No comments: