Saturday, May 18, 2019

Turning 36

With Mother's Day on Sunday & my birthday on Wednesday, I was definitely spoiled this week by Todd and the girls!  Todd & I both took the day off work on Wednesday so I started my 36th birthday off with a workout at Shred415 and then for the first time all school year (and last time since school ends on Thursday), we were all able to walk Lucy to the bus stop as a family.  She doesn't get to ride the bus in the morning very often since we usually have to take her to before care so it was extra special that we were all able to walk down together (the bus stop is on the street next to ours so it actually takes a few minutes to walk there).  

After she was off to kindergarten for the day, I headed off for some relaxation time where I got a pedicure and then ran some errands (yes, sometimes I consider that relaxing when I get to run errands without the girls!).  I came back home and our house smelled like chocolate!  Todd had made the cakes for my all-chocolate birthday cake.  He wanted to wait until Lucy was home from school to make the frosting so the girls could both help.  Towards the end of Lucy's school day, I went to her school and was the Mystery Reader in her classroom.  She was pretty surprised and very excited to see me.  I was able to bring her home after that and it was cute to see all her kindergarten classmates wave and tell her bye as she left the classroom.  I feel like we're raising just a really sweet, kind girl with Lucy.  My parents came over for dinner that evening to enjoy some homemade chicken parmesan (prepared by Todd) and birthday cake (which was super rich but really good and moist).

Waiting for the bus

Picked up my free Starbucks drink and enjoyed reading my book while waiting at the spa

Pedicure done

I came home and Cece was dressed up in Lucy's Dorothy costume---ruby slippers and all!

On our way out of Lucy's classroom after being the Mystery Reader

Cece helping Todd make the frosting for the cake

Lucy mixing it up

 Todd icing the layers

Cece was the official taste tester

Adding some additional details to the top of the cake

Dinner with the family

The finished product

Birthdays are so much fun with these girls

 Helping me blow out my candles

3 layer chocolate cake was on point

No comments: