Tuesday, July 9, 2019

4th of July Long Weekend

For once, the long weekend actually seemed just that--long!  With 4th of July being on Thursday and Todd off all week, we were able to spend 4 full days together.  This was also the first year since 2016 that we were actually home for the 4th so it was extra special spending time with so many good friends.  On Friday, we hung out with one of my college friends/roommates/teammates at the fire house I train at (her mom is their school district's fire safety teacher) and then Todd, the girls, and I went to Easton for the afternoon.  We drove up to visit Todd's family on Saturday and when we drove back that evening, it was just Todd & I!  We left Lucy & Cece with MaMa & PaPa for the week and while I do miss them, I know that they're having a blast with their grandparents, cousins, and aunt & uncle.  On a side note, I definitely haven't missed cleaning up all the messes they make at our house.  Since we were kid-free on Sunday, Todd & I went to Zoombezi Bay for a little bit to do some slides and then went our separate way in the afternoon while I ran a ton of errands and Todd worked on the basement.  We have a few fun things planned this week too while the girls are gone.

Family pic on the 4th

Breakfast before the parade at my friend's parents' house

Hanging out with friends

My amazing high school friends...

and our kids (with the exception of 1 that wasn't there)

Waiting for the parade to start

My girls

These kids are pros at parade watching together

Todd managed to make it through the parade by enjoying a bloody mary...or as we were calling it, a meat cup

The floats at this parade are unbelievable...each street can create their own float and this was a giant bear that moved--I seriously have no idea how they made it or where they stored this thing!

Family pic at my other friend's parents' house for lunch after the parade

Katie & I at the fire station

And one with our girls who are pretty much the same age (her girls are both just a couple months older than ours)

The girls loved this giant lego giraffe at Easton

Lucy's been saving her money and it was burning a hole in her pocket so per her request, we stopped at the American Girl store

She picked out mini Julie doll

Dinner at Shake Shack was delicious

We stopped at Trade Joe's & I was so glad we bought a bouquet of peonies--they opened up right away and are gorgeous

Had to get a quick pic with Lucy & Cece before driving up to my in-laws

We stayed for a few hours while they went swimming before driving home

On Sunday,  Todd & I went to Zoombezi Bay for like an hour and a half just to go down some slides

We got a ton of stuff done in the afternoon and then grilled out a homemade pizza for dinner

No comments: