Thursday, January 21, 2010

Columbus Restaurant Week

This week was Columbus Restaurant Week, which consists of about 30-40 restaurants that offer a set menu for a set price, usually anywhere between $15-$35. They offer an appetizer, main entree, and dessert. In the past, they've only had it once a year but now they're adding more weeks throughout the year to get more business at local restaurants. For Todd & I, it's just an excuse to try different restaurants at a cheaper price!

We went online and looked to see what each restaurant was offering and decided on a restaurant with the best menu as well as one we'd never been too. We choose The Lost Shepherd in Powell. The 3 course meal was only $19/person and there was also a free wine tasting that night. Perfect!

The special menu for Restaurant Week
Appetizers: Todd got the BBQ Chicken & Chorizo Sausage Pizza and I got the Hummus with Pitas & Veggies

I forgot to take pics of our main entrees, probably because I was so excited to dig right in. Todd got Filet Mignon with red potatoes and I got the Fire Roasted Chicken with Corn Risotto.


Dessert: Todd got the Red Velvet cake & I got the Chocolate Cheesecake

All in all, it was a wonderful date night with delicious food & wine.



I'm pretty excited too because I have tomorrow off work. Let's just say that my boss is awesome and rewards us for having to work crazy hours during the year, specifically in November & December (our extremely busy months). And by crazy hours I mean working from 4am-noon and then coming back to work from 11pm-3am. I typically work 7:30am-4:00pm so throwing in these weird hours multiple times per month can really throw you off schedule. Since I have tomorrow off, Todd also took off and we're heading up to Cleveland to go to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame as well as visit one of my friends, Emily (my former workout/running buddy).

Because I knew I'd be up there on Saturday morning when I'd normally do my long run, I switched my schedule around and did my 12 mi yesterday morning on the treadmill before work. I felt great--no twinges and nothing seems to be hurting! I started out at 8:19 pace to warm up and threw in a few miles at 7:47 towards the end so my average pace was 8:09. My legs were tired this morning (and I was tired in general) so when my alarm went off at 4:40am, I reset it for 6:15am and decided to call today a rest day. I have an 8 mi tempo run on tap tomorrow morning along with core & push ups before we head up to Cleveland.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i wish the restaurants in my area did that! maybe i'd go out to eat more often haha. great run yesterday. i usually try to change the pace up when i'm on the tm too. and man you are speedy :)