Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Another Long Run & Boot Camp

I got my long run of 14 mi in this morning before work. I had to do it on the treadmill (again) and I swear, next week I'll be doing my 18 mi long run outside. I know I've said it before but it's just so hard to go out when it's pitch black outside and cold and run for a couple hours by myself. My run was great this morning--total time was 1:51:50 @ 7:59 pace. I definitely wasn't intending on running at goal marathon pace but I felt really good so I thought I'd push it, especially since I won't be doing my next long until next weekend (10 days). I also had to teach a 20 minute core class after work.

Speaking teaching classes, I teach a core class & spinning class on Sunday mornings at Lifestyle Family Fitness but also sub classes occasionally during the week, such as today's class. I absolutely love teaching these classes. Not only do I get a free gym membership, but I basically get paid to work out and help others work out & push themselves. I started teaching spinning at the YMCA about 4 years ago and then I started teaching at LFF shortly after. At one point, I was teaching 4-5x/week which was a lot so I quit the Y and now strictly teach at LFF.

I also started teaching a boot camp class through Five Star Fitness Boot Camps last summer. I only teach this in the spring & summer though because it's an outdoor boot camp at a local park. It can make for some long days since I teach 3 nights/week (MWTh from 6:30-7:30pm at Schiller Park in German Village) on top of my own running/workout in the morning & working 40 hours/week but it's definitely worth it. There are 3 boot camps in Columbus and there are 4 camps in Chicago all held in different locations around the city. Classes are held 3x/week for 6 weeks, either offered in the morning before work or in the evening after work, and last for 1 hour. All the equipment is provided (medicine balls, dumbbells, stability balls, resistance bands, jump ropes, mats, etc.) and every workout will be different & can be adjusted for your fitness level. Please check out the website in the link above if you're interested or pass it on to others who might be interested. Remember, boot camps are only offered in Columbus or Chicago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

long run on a wednesday? champ! and ive found that my runs on a treadmill are way faster than outside. i had to do a LR on it a few weeks ago and definitely kept it at MP when i know that i wouldn't have been able to hold it outside