Thursday, February 4, 2010

Book Review

Wow, I really loved this book! The Overnight Socialite by Bridie Clark is a modern day take on My Fair Lady and Pygmalion. Lucy Jo Ellis is a midwestern girl who moves to Manhattan to live out her dream of becoming a fashion designer. Instead, she is stuck working in the sweatshops of the Fashion District. After a terrible night, Lucy runs into Wyatt Hayes IV, who has a bet going with his friend that he can turn any average girl into one of New York's most famous socialites. They have 3 months to make her over, get heads turning, and have her invited to the biggest & best parties. The ending is slightly predictable but good nonetheless.



It was one of those books where I didn't want to put it down! It's a fun, light read that you can breeze right through. The only thing I didn't really like was the ending because you can tell it was set up for a sequel. I can definitely see this book becoming a movie too. I also recommend reading Because She Can by Bridie Clark especially if you enjoyed Devil Wears Prada.

No comments: