Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spring is Coming

I can feel it in the air. Ok, that's a lie but after peeking at the 10 day forecast (48 degrees on Saturday & 44 degrees on Sunday!), I feel like the weather is finally turning the corner from the long, cold, snowy winter months to the slightly warmer spring months (most importantly though, no more snow....hopefully). I'm longing for the warm summer mornings where I can run outside in shorts & a tank top with the sun coming up. Soon enough I guess.

To get myself through the next few weeks of semi-cold temps and get excited for some warmer weather, I couldn't resist buying some summer scented candles at Bath & Body Works. There are few things I'm a sucker for, but among them are candles, lip gloss, and celebrity gossip magazines. In my defense for buying the candles, they were 2 for $20 so basically I got one for free since they're normally $20 each. I couldn't pass up such a great deal.


Island Margarita & Pineapple Orchid

I did some speedwork yesterday morning on the treadmill. My legs, specifically my left calf, felt a little tight from the 20 mi on Saturday, but went away about a mile into my run. I was surprised I wasn't more tight or sore but I think that spinning on Sundays really helps loosen them up after a long run. I did 6x800 between 3:28-3:34 with 800 easy in between. Including a warm up and cooldown, I did 8 mi total for an average pace of 7:44. This morning I did 30 minutes of intervals on the elliptical followed by strength training. The circuit I put together looked a little something like this:

Circuit 1: 2x15

  • Walking lunges with bicep curl
  • Mountain climbers (30 sec)
  • Squat with row
  • Jump rope (1 min)
  • Plie squat with kettle bell swing
  • Plank (1 min)

2 min rest

Circuit 2: 2x15

  • Assisted pullups
  • Squat jumps (30 sec)
  • Dips off bench
  • Stairs (1 min)
  • Pushups on BOSU
  • Crunches on stability ball


It was a killer workout!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fingers crossed that warmer weather is here to stay!! that would be absolutely LOVELY. and that definitely looks like a killer workout