Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

For Mother's Day this year, I decided to take my Mom to lunch and then go get pedicures together on Saturday. We went to lunch at The Morgan House in Dublin. Not only is it a restaurant, but it's also a huge gift shop that sells lots of crafty things, specialty foods, and Vera Bradley. Since the restaurant is only open for lunch, it gets very crowded, but luckily you can walk around the store while you wait. There is a ton of stuff to look at on multiple floors. Of course, my Mom & I couldn't leave without buying a few things.

The two blue bags on the left are my Mom's & I got the pink flowered lunch bag along with the beach tote

After lunch, we headed to J. Bentley Spa to get our pedicures. I haven't had one in years and I was a little nervous about having some black toenails as well as having lost some of them. I was happy to hear that the woman who did my pedicure told me she'd seen a lot worse! I love getting pedicures because not only do they trim up & paint your toenails, they also massage your legs & feet. We were also sitting in electronic massage chairs that massaged your back. It was very relaxing!

My Mom got pink that had a hint of purple and I got bright pink (ignore my bunions...ha!)

Since Todd went home over the weekend to surprise his Mom for Mother's Day, I was able to catch up on some stuff around my apartment, such as cleaning, making a new spinning mix, reading, and watching lots of reality tv.

I went over to parent's on Sunday for dinner, which was delicious. I mean, nothing beats a home cooked meal, right?

I loved being able to spend most of the weekend with my Mom and relax a little bit before another busy week ahead.

No comments: