Friday, December 17, 2010

Frustrated & Unmotivated

Ever since running the Columbus Marathon in October, I've been having a hard time getting motivated to run anything more than 4 or 5 miles. I've also been having some lingering pain in my right hip. This is not a good thing. The Boston Marathon is a short 4 months away. I know, how is it almost 2011 already? Anyways, I'm hoping that once everything settles down at work come January and the wedding planning calms down, I will not want to stay curled up in my bed when my alarm goes off most mornings at 4:30 AM. Ok, who am I kidding? I always want to stay in bed but know my training will suffer if I don't actually work out and run. So please, please let's hope my hip feels better and I somehow magically become more motivated despite the cold winter months that are upon us. Any inspiration would help!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have no magic advice for you but if you discover the secret let me know? :)

Aron said...

just give yourself a little bit more time to get the hip better, then after that just make it happen! sometimes we just have to force ourselves to get going those first couple runs but then it will click and things will be great... its boston after all :)

Sara said...

I'll be thinking of you and hoping some time to rest your hip is all you need. That is awesome that you are preparing for Boston - I can't wait to hear about it! Wishing you the best - you are my neighbor after all! ;) Merry Christmas to you and your family!!