Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day

I can't even begin to explain how much I appreciated a day off work yesterday with absolutely no plans. Todd & I spent much of the weekend hanging out with his family, working on wedding stuff, and getting our engagement pictures taken. Since Ohio decided to skip right from a month straight of rain to hot 90 degree temps, Todd & I took advantage of the new pool that just opened at our complex. We spent a couple hours lounging poolside, reading magazines that have been piling up, and relaxing.

The pool from outside the gates

The best part of our pool is the bar located pretty much poolside

Todd hanging out on a lounge chair>
After a couple hours in the hot sun, we decided to run some errands on Todd's motorcycle. Since it has rained so much this spring, he's only had a chance to ride once so he was eager to get it out. I hadn't been on since last summer so I was pretty pumped too. We decided to go on a picnic for dinner since we never got to go on one for my birthday because we were in Chicago. While at the store, we picked up ingredients to make homemade chicken salad sandwiches. We put the food together for our picnic and loaded up Todd's bike. We found a metro park nearby our place that we hadn't been to before so decided that we would the perfect site for our picnic dinner.

Todd & I ready to ride

Meet my chauffeur

Glacier Ridge Metro Park

Homemade chicken salad sandwiches, potato salad, chips, and root beer

Trying to cool off in the shade....and I love my helmet hair

The chicken salad was delicious and we got home a little before the sun began to set. It was a great day and I can't remember the last time I had a whole day with Todd where we had absolutely nothing planned. I'll post the chicken salad recipe later this week.

1 comment:

Anne said...

A day at the pool followed by a picnic sounds like the perfect day to me! Glad you were able to enjoy your day off :)