Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wedding Wednesday

On Sunday, my bridesmaids hosted my first wedding shower at my parent's house. It was a pretty small shower with about 12 or 13 people but it was more than I could have asked for. My bridesmaids outdid themselves and I feel lucky to have such amazing friends. I was so excited that Todd's mom, sister, my aunt, and my old neighbor all drove 3 hours or more just to help celebrate our upcoming wedding.


The theme was Sangria & Sweets and everything was pink & gray



In Honor of the Bride-to-Be, Please Enjoy an Afternoon of Her Favorite Treats, Sangria & Sweets



Delicious cupcakes, cookies, banana bread, chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate covered potato chips, chicken salad sandwiches, pasta salad, veggies, fruit salad, and salad


The flowers also doubled as the favors for guests to take home



All the guests were asked to write down marriage advice for me



My bridesmaids & I



Lots of presents to open



Opening my first shower present



Todd was excited for this present....a new griddle!



Todd & I after the shower.....he hung out with my dad, uncle, and friend's husband during the shower and came back to help back up the presents....he even wore pink & gray!



My ribbon bouquet for my rehearsal in August



It was the perfect afternoon with some of my friends & family and I honestly couldn't have asked for more. I feel like with my shower behind me and our invitations going out in the mail in just a short couple weeks, the next 2.5 months is going to fly by and our wedding will be here in no time!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

What a beautiful shower! I love the theme of it!!