Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hot Ribs & Cool Jazz

Besides the Ohio Food & Wine Festival, my other favorite summer festival is the Jazz & Ribs Fest in downtown Columbus. My parents had never been so Todd & I met them down there on Saturday afternoon for some hot ribs and cool jazz. And no, I didn't think of that on my own, that's the slogan for the festival. We walked around before deciding which barbecue vendors to hit up.

There were lots to choose from

Todd's strategy in picking which ribs place to go to was based on the length of line. He wasn't necessarily concerned about getting the best ribs but waiting the least amount of time in the blazing sun so we always picked the vendor with the shortest line. And you know what? The ribs were always delicious! My parents went to the Jack Daniels rib vendor and I think Todd was slightly disappointed we didn't got there once he found out they poured Jack straight on the ribs. Once we all had plenty of food to eat, we headed over to the jazz stage to lay out our picnic blankets and eat in the shade.

Ribs from 2 different places, cornbread, coleslaw, and baked beans

Todd & I enjoying the food and company


After the ribs, we all walked around to check out the rest of the festival. Besides ribs, there are lots of other fair food vendors set up. Last year, I had deep fried buckeyes which were delicious but I couldn't find them this year. Instead, we all split a Reese's peanut butter & chocolate funnel cake.

Yum!

Gorgeous view of the Columbus skyline on a beautiful summer day

Blogging will probably be a little light this week due to lots of wedding meetings. My dress FINALLY came in yesterday (um yeah, I was kinda freaking out about it since we're at less than 4 weeks to go!) which means trying it on today (I haven't tried it on since I ordered it in November), getting my veil made, and getting alterations. I also need to look for a hair clip. We also had our final meeting with our florist last night, meeting with our photographer and day of the wedding coordinator tonight, and meeting with the church wedding coordinator on Thursday. Oh, and I have to go back to work from 7-8:30 PM twice this week. And I need to squeeze in some running and teach 2 spin/TRX classes. Whew! Next week will be more of the same as we go to the cake place, hopefully figure out the menu selections at our rehearsal dinner venue, and get our marriage license!

No comments: