Sunday, October 23, 2011

2011 Circleville Pumpkin Show

On Friday night, Todd & I went to the Circleville Pumpkin Show to enjoy all things pumpkin-related. I look forward to this event every year and it's the only event that Todd & I have been to every year since we met; this year marks the 4th year we've been together. The weather was perfect, a little chilly once the sun went down but typical fall weather.


We were both starving when we got there so before we headed to Lindsey's bakery for their famous pumpkin doughnuts, we grabbed some fried cheese on a stick. It's like a corn dog but instead of a hot dog in the middle, there's mozzarella cheese. But don't worry, because Todd later went back to also get a corn dog!

Enjoying my fried cheese....and no, I'm not wearing a turtle neck

We stopped to take our annual picture in front of the pumpkins

And we looked at the winner of the Biggest Pumpkin....1436 lbs!

On our way to Lindsey's bakery, we passed the Wittich's candy booth....oldest candy shop in Ohio and is also my maiden name although I'm not sure if I'm actually related to the original owners

World's Largest Pumpkin Pie in Lindsey's bakery

Look at all those delicious pumpkin doughnuts!

We waited in line for about 20 minutes and left with a dozen of the BEST doughnuts ever; they were still warm from the oven and literally melted in our mouths

We stopped to get some pumpkin chili, Todd's favorite (I forgot to take a picture), and then get some pumpkin pizza, my favorite

Very tasty!

We were both starting to slow down a little at this point, our eyes were definitely bigger than our stomachs....until I saw this sign!

Gotta have a little dessert to end the night

We walked around for a little bit longer and on our way out, Todd spotted DiRusso's Italian Sausage; he wasn't hungry but this is a local favorite from his hometown and I convinced him to get one

He was glad he ended up getting one

We both left the Pumpkin Show very full and cold but had a great night and I can't wait for next year already!

No comments: