Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Our 1st Christmas Tree

This past weekend, Todd & I went to Mr. Tree Farm to cut down our very 1st Christmas tree together. In fact, this is the first Christmas tree I've had since living at home growing up. Our apartment community was offering free Christmas trees to 30 people living in their 3 communities around Columbus. I jumped on this chance and we were lucky enough to be one of the first 30 to respond. All we had to do was drive to the tree farm, pick out & cut down our tree, and wait for it to be delivered to our place (delivery was free as well). We ended up picking out a beauitful tree that would easily fit in our townhome and saved $97! I actually never knew a real Christmas tree cost this much so I'm glad we didn't have to pay for it.

Todd cutting down our tree

All done

Voucher for a free tree

Oh, did I forget to mention the "petting zoo" with a horse and a couple donkeys?

Our first tree!

With the lights on & a bow on top

1 comment:

Sara said...

We cut down our Christmas tree this past weekend too for my Dad's house, and I was also amazed at how much they cost!

Your tree is so pretty - love it! And I especially love that your apartments did that - very cool and a great kick-off to the holiday season!