Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012 Race Schedule

I'd been thinking quite some time now about my race schedule for 2012 and while my plans have already changed several times, I think these are the races I'm going to focus on this year with a a few other 5Ks thrown in during the spring/summer. I have a feeling this is going to be a great year and I hope to have a couple new PRs at the end of 2012.

Also, I had planned on running the inaugural Canton Marathon on June 17 but just found out last week that Todd's cousin is getting married on June 16 so the marathon is now out of the question. I'd like to run a spring marathon but am not sure which one to do that will be somewhat close to home and fit into my schedule; however, my goal race will be Chicago in the fall. Any suggestions for a good spring/early summer marathon?

February 26: Last Chance for Boston (13.1 mi)--A 1 mile loop course at the end of February in Ohio could be a terrible idea but I'll never know until I try it!


March 17: St. Patrick's Day 5K at Flannagans (3.1 mi)--With the Columbus blogger girls!


May 5: Capital City Half Marathon (13.1 mi)--Love this race & it should be one for the books as Columbus celebrates its bicentennial this year


July 22: Rock 'n' Roll Chicago Half Marathon (13.1 mi)--Hoping this will prepare me for the full marathon course in October


September (date not posted yet): Emerald City Half & Quarter Marathon (13.1 mi)--Tune-up for Chicago marathon


October 7: Chicago Marathon (26.2 mi)--My goal race for 2012


November 4: New York Marathon (26.2)--Fingers crossed I get in when they have the drawing in April and if I do, this will be run for "fun" & for the experience

5 comments:

Laurie said...

What about the Earth Day in Gambier? Its April 22nd and is my goal race for spring training. All up to you!

Meghan said...

I love your race calendar and hope to see you in Chicago! I'm pretty sure I'm going to run the R&R half, and I am still debating on the full! My husband's cousin is getting married in Florida that weekend, and as much as I want to go, I really want to run Chicago, too...

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's quite a running schedule! I've never been a great runner, but I have to admit that after running my first 5k, I am now hooked! I have never ran with a family member, so how much fun would it be to run a marathon together sometime?! That would be amazing! Have you ever wanted to run each R&R in the sponsored states? Good luck with your running goals! :D

Anne said...

I loved doing the flying pig. It's not too far and is a fun race. I think it's usually the last weekend of April, or first weekend of May. Looks like you're going to get lots of running in this year!

meghan said...

I put in for NYC and am so hoping I get pulled too. I've never run a full and would love for that to be my first. I wanted to do the Chicago half, but it's my wedding weekend...so that's not going to be happening. I was thinking about doing Chicago if I didn't get in NYC. But then I ran Disney Marathon relay this weekend and I'm absolutely going to run that full if I don't get into NYC...