Friday, April 20, 2012

West Side Story

Ever since we knew we were moving about a month ago, Todd & I haven't had much time to really do anything fun....unless you count moving as fun, which I definitely do not. Thank god that changed on Wednesday night as we went downtown to the Ohio Theatre to see West Side Story with my parents. If you have read my blog for any length of time, you know that I LOVE musicals and in the past year have gone to see Les Miserables, Mary Poppins, and Jersey Boys. I was thrilled when I found out West Side Story was coming to Columbus and jumped at the chance to see it.

We had fantastic seats in the Loge

Outside the Ohio Theatre

Todd & I

The show was great--the music was incredible & the time flew by! During my senior year of high school, which was 11 years ago, the spring musical performed was West Side Story. A few of my friends were in it so I saw the performance several times and loved it. I was excited to see it again because I remembered the songs were catchy but couldn't remember the exact plot and you know what? I loved it just as much as I did 11 years ago.

We have a busy weekend ahead as we go to Cleveland for our first wedding of the year and first wedding since our own last August. We have 6 weddings this year (seriously, it's never ending!) with most of them in August & September. We also will be going on vacation soon and I cannot wait!

No comments: