First of 3 layers: brownies
The good stuff--the filling!
Second layer on top of brownies
Melted chocolate on top for the third layer
Chocolate Cherry Chunk Brownies
Chocolate Cherry Chunk Brownies Brownie layer
1 brownie mix (the 9x13 size)
Eggs, oil, and water called for on the back of the box
2 sticks butter (1 cup), slightly softened
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks, chopped into small pieces (chips would work too)
1 (6 oz) jar of maraschino cherries
2 1/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 c. butter
1. Prepare brownies and bake as directed on the box. Let cool.
2. In the bowl of a mixer, combine butter and 4-5 Tablespoons juice from the maraschino cherries. Beat until the butter is smooth.
3. Slowly add powdered sugar and beat until combined. Increase mixer speed to medium high and beat for about a minute and a half.
4. Remove cherries from the jar and give them a rough chop
5. Roughly chop your chocolate chunks and fold it into the filling with the cherries.
6. Spread over the top of cooled brownies.
7. Melt chocolate chips and butter together in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and repeat for 30 more seconds. Continue to do this until chocolate is smooth and melted. Spread over cherry-chocolate layer.
8. Let set up until hardened (stick in the fridge if you need them set up faster) and then cut and serve!
from Six Sisters' Stuff