Thursday, June 7, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

Sometimes I really can't believe how fast time flies by & how busy we constantly are!  How has a week already gone by since I blogged last?  And for the record, I really don't count my weekly recaps as blog posts. I pretty much just do that for myself so I can have a place where all my runs & workouts can be recorded.

I think the past week can be summed up in 2 words: cooking & mulching! I had several get-togethers & dinners to make food for and Todd & I spent most of last weekend working in our yard.

I attempted to make Monster Cookie Bars (from Pinterest, of course!) for book club last week...




and they looked great, but even though I greased the wax paper, they got stuck to it & I had to throw them away

But, luckily, I had also made this Peanut Butter ball which was a huge hit

The Professionals was our May book club read & it was really good and an easy read

We cooked out last Friday with some of my current & former co-workers and I brought BBQ Baked Beans and Brown Sugar Blondies

Todd & I bought 17 bags of mulch and after spending a couple hours pulling weeds, we mulched our front and side yards....this weekend we'll attack the backyard

Before we mulched (it was pretty much just dirt & rocks)

And after we mulched (much better!)

We planted some petunias

and a few more in front of the bushes

We made dinner for my parents on Monday night...Todd made his "famous" chicken parmesan and I made dessert....

Chocolate Cherry Chunk Brownies (recipe coming tomorrow)



I also ordered some awesome new shorts from J. Crew Factory online.  They would cost $45 at J. Crew but I got them for $22.50 at their online factory store.  I got 2 pairs:

Hot pink

Gray


And I've managed to squeeze in some great runs too....been hitting a lot of miles at 7:30-7:50 pace and feeling really strong.

11 miles in 8:03 pace from my run last Sunday with the last few miles all under 7:45 pace


No comments: