Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Wedding in Columbus


We had another wedding this past weekend (only 1 more to go this weekend!) and I was really excited for it because 1) it was in Columbus, 2) my former roommate and good friend from high school and college was getting married, and 3) I was going to get to hang out with the entire sexy 7 (my high school girlfriends) and the last time we were all together was my wedding.
 
Dave and I (along with the rest of the sexy 7) became friends the summer going into our senior year of high school when we took a school trip to Stratford, Canada to watch a bunch of plays and get school credit.  We also met (or were re-introduced to) a few of his other guy friends and we're all still great friends to this day.  Quite a few of us went to UD together and when I was in grad school, Dave bought a house and needed roommates so I ended up living with him for a couple years.  I was more than thrilled when he met Liz a few years ago and knew from the moment he introduced her to Todd & I at breakfast one weekend that it was going to be something special.
 
I was more than honored when Dave asked me to do a reading at their wedding so Todd & I started our weekend on Friday night at the rehearsal followed by dinner at Bucca di Beppo.
 
Dave & Liz thanking everyone for being there

Todd & I

The ceremony was on Saturday at St. Mary's Church in German Village followed by the reception at The Venue at Smith Brothers.  I had never actually been here before despite passing it all the time on 670 and was excited to finally have a reception there.  They had an amazing live band, Conspiracy, who my other friend had used at their wedding last year so we all knew how awesome they were.  My girlfriends and I (and hubbies) ate, laughed, drank, and danced until 12:30 AM when we sadly had to say our good-byes until we'd be reunited at Christmas.

Liz & her Dad walking down the aisle
 
 Doing my reading

Dave & Liz with part of their bridal party

First kiss as husband & wife

Love the trolley!

Wedding reception location

The cocktail hour & bar were set up outside while the dinner & dancing was inside

Cute sign

THE Sexy 7

Todd & I with downtown Columbus in the background
 
Inside the reception

Table decor and favors

Cheers!

Awesome band!

First dance

Nathan & Lynn and Court & Craig

Southern-inspired menu
 
Lauren, Megan, Lindsey, and me

Candid dancing shot

Posing with the girls
 
Dave & I
 
 Todd is a dancing fool

Hanging out

One last shot of the bride & groom

No comments: