Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekly Recap: September 3-9

Another great week of training--hard to believe the marathon will be here in 3 weeks!  I've definitely put more time & effort into this training cycle than any other before and I'm hoping the hard work pays off as I toe the line on September 29.    Since I run by myself & spent close to 8 hours running this week, I've had a lot of time to think about race day.  The nerves are already starting to show but I'm confident in my running as of late. I hit 50+ miles last week and will come close again this week before I taper.

3 weeks till Akron Marathon
8 weeks till NYC Marathon

Monday: 10 mi (7:47 pace; 5 mi @ tempo @ 7:24 pace)

Tuesday: taught 1 hr Spin/TRX Combo class
45 min boot camp @ my house w/ Emily, Alicia, and Holly

Wednesday: 7 mi (8:20 pace)
4 mi (8:02 pace; hills @ Sharon Woods)

Thursday: taught 1 hr Spin/TRX Combo class

Friday: 6 mi (8:21 pace)

Saturday: 21 mi (8:24 pace; thunderstorms so I ran 13 mi on treadmill then 8 mi outside once it stopped raining)

Sunday: 5 mi (8:16 pace)
taught 1 hr Spin/TRX Combo class

TOTAL: 53 mi

No comments: