Monday, September 3, 2012

Weekly Recap: August 27-September 2

After a big week a couple weeks ago, I knew this would be a cutback week for that reason and also the fact that I was going to be in Akron for a wedding that I was in.  I had a lot of easy runs this week with 2 hard efforts: some hill work on Monday and mile repeats on Wednesday.  My "long run" was only 10 miles but that will ramp back up this week with 22 and next week with 20 then it's taper time already!

Since the wedding was in Akron and I'm running the Akron Marathon on September 29, Todd & I took some time yesterday morning to drive the blue line (the whole marathon course is painted with a blue line) and oh man, it's gonna be a hilly course!  Glad I saw part of it but now I'm a little nervous.

4 weeks till Akron Marathon
9 weeks till NYC Marathon

Monday: 6 mi w/ hills (8:21 pace)

Tuesday: taught 1 hr Spin/TRX Combo class

Wednesday: 7 mi (7:40 pace; 3 x 1 mi @ 7:04, 6:57, 6:52 w/ easy mile in b/w)
4 mi (8:47 pace)

Thursday: taught 1 hr Spin/TRX Combo class

Friday: 10 mi (8:24 pace)

Saturday: 3 mi on Akron Marathon course w/ the bride, Emily (9:28 pace)

Sunday: 4 mi (8:14 pace)
taught 1 hr Spin/TRX Combo class

TOTAL: 34 mi

No comments: