Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Weekend 2013

Despite feeling under the weather, Todd & I drove up to Leetonia on Saturday morning to spend Easter weekend with his family.  I had what I thought was a bad cold (but found out yesterday is actually a sinus infection) and spent most of Saturday afternoon laying down on the couch.  I started to feel a little bit better and got up just in time to help dye Easter eggs with Todd & our nephew, Andrew. 
 
The beautiful eggs

We drove about 20 minutes to Canfield where we had dinner with Todd's parents, sister, and brother-in-law at The Phoenix.  The food was really good and we were also able to watch the first half of the Ohio State-Wichita State basketball game.

Deep Dish Cookie Sundae for dessert

Sunday morning, we got dressed up and headed to Easter mass.  Afterwards we had breakfast & opened Easter baskets before a lot of Todd's extended family came over for lunch.

Todd & I

The dessert table

The spread for lunch

We drove back home in the late afternoon and despite getting stuck in standstill traffic on 71, we were able to get off and take back roads so it didn't delay our trip too much.  Thanks to Todd who drove the whole way home so I was able to sleep since I still wasn't feeling that great.

And I have to show these massive caramel apples we got....pretty excited to dive into mine that's covered in Reese's Pieces

No comments: